Skype Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stang07, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Stang07 macrumors member

Stang07

Hi, I downloaded Skype for iPhone and tested it to call my landline from my iphone using skype out. While downloading or registering the Skype account I didn't give any credit card details. When does the Skype charge me for the call I made? Will be be reflected in the At&t monthly bill? Please let me know.

2. The General macrumors 601

It will not be on your AT&T bill. Your account comes with some minutes. After that it'll ask you to put in payment info. Skype to Skype calls are free.

3. SeanMcC macrumors regular

Skype does not charge pay per use, so if you don't have a Skype-out plan or aren't using a free trial it will not let you make the call. It is most likely that you are in a trial period for Skype-out. When I first made my Skype account I had a free year of Skype to landline calls.

4. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

Strictly speaking, SkypeOut is available in 2 flavors: Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go.

The Pay Monthly version provides unlimited outgoing calls to phones located within a certain geographical area (and, for some geographical areas, only to certain classes of phone lines), for a monthly fee.

The Pay As You Go version requires you to top-up your account with cash, and then it debits your account by the minute for phone calls as you place them. This is, effectively, what most people think of when you use the term pay-per-use.