Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scarab0

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Does anyone know how to fully disable it? I followed the steps to completely disable it in the mac settings, yet Skype keeps on underlining words it doesn't recognize and therefore creating lag.

So frustrating and I wish I could just get rid of skype but what can you do if everyone uses it?

leventozler

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
I don't use Skype, but right click the text entry area and check the Spelling and Grammar menu. Some apps have separate spelling preferences.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I use Skype, but only for video calls. Where are you encountering spelling corrections, or typing anything, for that matter?

scarab0

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Thank you for the replies! Here is a screenshot of whats happening. I don't even know whether skype is using English or German (the language of my MacOS) to check the spelling. It seems like it's random from time to time. Sometimes it checks, sometimes it doesn't and you can clearly notice that once it's checking the spelling lags appears.

It used to be possible to right click and disable spell check but isn't anymore.

MIKX, thank you for the hint. I actually also hate the new design but had no idea I could use a different version of skype.

Screenshot 2018-05-24 07.25.30.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.