Skype to Skype on iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vinay427, Nov 6, 2008.

1. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Hey. I wanted to know if there is an app that lets users call others on Skype to Skype. I heard of Fring, but I think it can only be used for SkypeOut to landline or cell phone. So, can you call from iPhone 3G to computer or vice versa? Because on the computer, it's free, so it should be on the iPhone if it is made. Would it work over 3G/EDGE cause of the SDK restrictions? Thanks in advance!

2. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Umm.. I can honestly say I haven't used fring. I have it, but haven't had a need for it. But I was under the impression that it worked exactly like skype. Meaning you can dial other computers or iphones and vice versa. Of course to receive a skype call you would NEED to be logged into fring (which I'm usually not in my spare time), so you would need to arrange that I suppose.

I could be way off base, but that's what I thought.

3. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

4. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

Fring works exactly like skype does. You can call other computers or other people with an iPhone and Fring open. It's a great call, I save lots of money calling internationally :)

5. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

Fring can do skype-skype (voice) over Wifi but only text over cellular Data (EDGE &3G)