Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Esperance

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
You are my last hope. (sniff sniff)

Got my new ipod touch 4g specifically to video call friends and family and not be tied to imac. Instead will be tied to kitchen sink.

Connected touch to imac and transferred/synched latest version of skype from app store.

When I call with skype video call (or they call me), we can see other and they can hear me but I can't hear them!! Now get this, now the same problem happens with my imac's skype which is use daily!!!!!!!!!

Contacted Applecare and they went thru diagnostics for imac and touch and all if fine. They begged off and said it's a Skype issue.

Is there hope or have I been duped into thinking the skype app was up to scratch.

So grateful for help I could cry. I'm keen on macs and love using them but not a macwizard by any stretch :(

Esperance

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
I have a Touch 4g as well, and the Skype app, and have video called a friend who is currently stationed in Africa, with no problems.

I would: delete the app; ON YOUR TOUCH, go to the app store and re-download the Skype app.

Go from there. Hopefully that works.

Esperance

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Thank you for your advice likethesoup2. I will give that a go. Really hope this works. I'll post what happens.

I'm so apprehensive...

Cheers

Esperance

Esperance

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
likethesoup2 it worked!!!!!!

Turns out syncing the skype app (same one I use on my Ipad) didn't work but downloading directly from App Store onto my touch did. Don't know why and I won't ask.

Reloaded skype onto my imac and now that worked too. Crazy.

Thank you very very much.

Cheers

Esperance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.