Skype voice calls!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by andygabriel, Apr 14, 2010.

1. andygabriel macrumors regular

Hi MR,

Has anyone tried skype voice calls on the ipad? Does the ipad have a microphone?

I'm thinking about getting an ipad and it'd be great if it's capable of making skype voice calls. I don't really care about video calls coz i rarely use it.

Can i use headphones with mic(like the iphone headphones) with the ipad to make skype calls?

Thanks

2. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

Yes, you can make Skype voice calls with or without the iPhone earbuds. The iPad has an internal mic.

3. below sea level macrumors member

Yep. Now all we need is an iPad resolution Skype app to go with it.

4. jmenning1 macrumors newbie

I have skype on windows now. Can I access it through Safari? Is there a way I can use it on Ipad?

5. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

you can use the iphone app

6. techn0lady macrumors regular

I've been using Skype on my iPad for 4 days now.
    Minor drawback: you can't use bluetooth - neither mono or stereo headsets work (tried both). You CAN use the wired headset that you get with an iphone - that works with it's mic.

7. andygabriel thread starter macrumors regular

Thx everyone!

Do you find typing when using IM is a bit difficult. Well i'm used to have my laptop on my lap and chatting on IM is pretty comfortable. But how would you do it with an ipad. Would you hold it in one hand and type with the other. I dont think u can type as fast!

How do you guys chat via IM?

8. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I usually find myself typing with one hand while holding it in portrait, or resting it on my laptop or a flat surface.