Skype with IOS 5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by EdDigitalMac, Oct 27, 2011.

1. EdDigitalMac macrumors newbie

Does anyone knows if Skype works with IOS5? I use to have the skype version for iPhone and it works great on my iPad (eventrhou video calls quality was not that great) but ever since I update my iPad to IOS5, the skype app seem to just crash each time I try to log in?? :mad:

I try uninstalled and reinstalled again but still cannot get it to work :confused:

Help?

2. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

There should be a separate skype for iPad app now.

3. EdDigitalMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure as I'm not seeing it on the China app store as I'm base in china... :(

4. TLewis macrumors 65816

As haruhiko says, Skype for iPad exists. Why aren't you using it?

Edit: Well, OK. It exists in the US store. :confused:

5. EdDigitalMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately not available yet in all countries... so previously I was using the version for iPhone which works well but now with this new IOS that version won't work anymore :mad:

6. TLewis macrumors 65816

Looking at the reviews, lots of people are complaining that the latest US iPhone version, 3.5.117, crashes a lot.

7. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Skype for iPad is available in the Hong Kong store, you may find it there. Anyway it's a free app so you don't need a credit card to download it.

8. godson22 macrumors newbie

SKYPE on ISO 5

Download Skype from Itunes App Store, its free, works from App Store, but does Not work if you download from Installous.

i did downloaded from Installous first but it crashed right a way, after downloading from App Store it works even tho its says it wont work on modified phone, it still :) works fine.