skype with personal no on iPad 4 does not wake up why?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pectin232, Sep 12, 2013.

1. pectin232 macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2008
    From PC desktop skype calling a iPad 4 with data plan does not ring when the ipad is auto shutoff or just shut off when the cover is closed. Is there a way to make Skype 'Wake' up when someone on a land line calls the ipad 4 skype. I have a personal number on the Skype Subscritpion plan + Personal Number. Advise?
  2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Nov 5, 2009
    do you have a signal when you see it waking up from sleep?
  3. pectin232 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2008
    after wake up the ipad it does not even show any red dot or anything that tells me I missed a call only after a few mins later when I close Skype on the ipad it shows a red dot. It keeps coming up and saying the subscriber is not available [skype on ipad 4]... that pisses me.. I was hoping it will working if it had its own data plan, blah blah.. but that sucks
  4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Jul 17, 2008
    Don't use Skype so I don't know how their notifications work on iOS, but one thing that is for sure is that if any app uses lockscreen notifications, then having a Smart Cover makes lockscreen notifications not show up until you open the cover.