Skype...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shandyman, Mar 25, 2011.

1. shandyman Suspended

Is there any word on Skype having an iPad version? Don't like using the iPhone one on iPad.

2. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Let's hope they deliver it a bit sooner than they did with video calling for the iPhone 4.

It took over 6 months from the release of the iPhone 4 for Skype to implement video calling into their app, and I hope it isn't going to take that long for something to come to the iPad.

3. aperry macrumors 6502a

FWIW, video calling in Skype actually works with the ipad2 using the iPhone version of the app (front facing camera and all). Obviously not the greatest experience in the world, but I was surprised to see it work.

4. shandyman thread starter Suspended

Even worse, took them over a year to support push notifications!!!

5. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Skype iPad with iPhone app

I actually did this earlier today and it really wasn't that bad. The call lasted for 40 minutes and there wasn't 1 hiccup. Obviously the quality could be a lot better (using the 2X button) but it worked.

I would definitely like to see an iPad app soon for Skype but in the meantime I have no issues using the iPhone version on the iPad.

6. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Check out the app "Whistle". No video, but free calling to anyone, any number right from iPad, not just other Skype users. Good until Skype updated.

7. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Rather use oovoo but I also use Skype so hopefully they will implement it.

8. shandyman thread starter Suspended

i'm ok usiung the iPhone app for the mo, i just really want an iPad official app, not keen on the 2x iphone apps in general, doesn't sit well with my ocd lol