zabelrose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2006
Does anyone know the best headset to get for a mac (macbook) to use with skype. Would like to talk to my daughter in Italy and we have skype but everyone says we should get headsets?

Thanks
zabelrose

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
Does anyone know the best headset to get for a mac (macbook) to use with skype. Would like to talk to my daughter in Italy and we have skype but everyone says we should get headsets?

Thanks
zabelrose
Headphones, from an iPod/MP3 Player are generally good enough, to eliminate feedback, allowing you to turn the volume up.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
If you want a pretty good (not the best, those cost hundreds of dollars) headset, you can get a logitech headset for about 30 USD. Look on the packaging for a "Made for Skype" logo and make sure it has an USB connector. Then you'll have one cable and no hassle with the Mic/Line-in of your Mac (If you have a line-in on your Mac, an analog mic needs pre-amplification).

wallaby

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Iowa
I use a Logitech Playstation 2 Headset...it's USB so it works just fine on any computer. Only complaint is that it has a blinding blue light on it that keeps half a room lit blue while the lights are off.

riotshield

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2007
I'm using a Logitech 350 USB headset with Skype in S. Korea. It works great and the mic quality is good.