Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zabelrose, Jul 30, 2007.

1. zabelrose macrumors newbie

Does anyone know the best headset to get for a mac (macbook) to use with skype. Would like to talk to my daughter in Italy and we have skype but everyone says we should get headsets?

Thanks
    zabelrose

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Any headset should do. I use a Bluetooth headset.

BTW, I think this belongs in the Mac Applications forum.

3. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Headphones, from an iPod/MP3 Player are generally good enough, to eliminate feedback, allowing you to turn the volume up.

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

If you want a pretty good (not the best, those cost hundreds of dollars) headset, you can get a logitech headset for about 30 USD. Look on the packaging for a "Made for Skype" logo and make sure it has an USB connector. Then you'll have one cable and no hassle with the Mic/Line-in of your Mac (If you have a line-in on your Mac, an analog mic needs pre-amplification).

5. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

I use a Logitech Playstation 2 Headset...it's USB so it works just fine on any computer. Only complaint is that it has a blinding blue light on it that keeps half a room lit blue while the lights are off.

6. riotshield macrumors member

I'm using a Logitech 350 USB headset with Skype in S. Korea. It works great and the mic quality is good.