SkypeIn-- Voicemail semi-works, calls do not

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by devilot, Apr 28, 2007.

1. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Hi, just as the title would suggest...

Trying to use a "successfully" activated SkypeIn account, but it's not playing nicely. I have it set to allow SypeIn calls from people on my Contacts list (and yes, I added the numbers to the list), and I have voicemail set so that unanswered calls get directed to leave voicemails. I'm running Skype version 2.5.0.85 on OSX 10.4.9. And yes, I did as Skype's site suggested and logged out and logged back in, quit and re-launched the app. No change.

The problem is two-fold: 1) when calling my Skype #, it will ring (from the caller's end) but nothing will happen on the Skype end! No incoming call dialogue box or anything. Nothing. And 2), eventually, the caller is greeted with my voice mail greeting, and leaves a message. Except Skype never shows that I have a message waiting for me. It's as if the caller never left the message.

Any suggestions? :eek:

2. devilot thread starter Moderator emeritus

devilot

Okay, so I feel like a doofus (even if the issues weren't my fault)... And I'll post what worked for me here, in case anyone has a similar issue or whatnot.

I knew Skype had their own forums but since I've been so spoiled with the pleasantness that is MR, I always hesitate to poke into other forums. I just did it anyway and found a thread in which it was suggested that you change the SkypeIn settings (under the Privacy tab) to allow for "Anyone" to call in. After doing so, the calls should be let in, and then you can change your settings back to what your heart desires. :p

Picture 2.png