Windows Skyrim Sound ?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Washac, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Washac, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013

Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

I am playing Skyrim Legendary Edition within Bootcamp, I have the sound via the Apple display, I have my Mac Pro volume at full, I have the in game sound at full volume and I have the windows sound setting on full volume, but the in game sound is still a bit on the low side, and yes my ears a absolutely fine, and no I do not want to wear head/earphones whilst playing.

Any ideas other than buying an external speaker setup with a small amp included ?

2. SingularityG macrumors 6502

SingularityG

Trodamus seems to have figured it out.

If you're using realtek audio, you'll want to change your headphone's to 5.1 then disable the top three checkboxes (so only the left and right speakers remain).

NOT SURE WHY but it works.

Looks like Skyrim is set to 5.1 on default, or there is some kind driver conflict (I remember people having similar troubles with Fallout 3, too).

I personally just turn up the volume a little bit and it's perfect then.:)

3. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

I see no headphone setting in there, also where are those check boxes and what are they called ?

Oh well, thanks anyway for the pointer.

4. SingularityG macrumors 6502

SingularityG

Sorry for not being clear enough.

You must have Realtek Drivers&Software installed. It should then appear directly on the main settings page.

Alternatively, you might try to set your speakers to stereo: >right click volume>properties or settings>select speakers>properties or settings>set to stereo>apply or ok.;)

5. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

OK, thanks.