SL and SkyGolf CaddieSync Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sidewinder, Aug 28, 2009.

1. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Anyone here using CaddieSync successfully with Snow Leopard? I have a SkyCaddie SG5 and it cannot be found now that I have upgraded. It's not a big deal since I have a Vista laptop. But I prefer to use the Mac....

I sent an email into SkyGolf tech support. I will post any news here.

S-

2. atago22 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem - upgraded SW this week and now I cannot access my SG5 - just remains waiting to sync.
    This is really crappy as I needed to download new courses for this weekend :mad:

Mail sent to SkyCaddie - waiting for a replay.

3. Plumbob macrumors newbie

Snow Leopard & CaddieSync Problem

I recently upgraded my iMac to Snow Leopard and all has gone great; however, I just discovered that CaddieSync v2.2.3 is not compatible. It will not recognize my SG5. The SkyCaddie folks know this and are working on a fix. They have no idea when it will be available. So, I have to find a PC buddy that has CaddieSync installed to download any course changes. I would be interested on hearing from anyone that knows of a "work around" and/or when SkyCaddie releases an update. Thanks.

4. FrankF macrumors newbie

Can't sync OS 10.6.1 to SG5

I installed 10.6, and upgraded to 10.6.1. Everything was OK except Caddie sync won't recognize my SG5.

My older G4 laptop, with 10.5.8 recognized Sky Caddie immediately.

Sent a not to SkyGolf support.

5. Gunney3042 macrumors newbie

SkyCaddie SG5

Yep, same problem. While playing yesterday had problems with Satellites I think?....First gave wrong distance for hole (ie 789 yards)...then wouldn't give any distances for entire round.
    Once home tried to sync (first time since upgrading to Snow) and now says cannot find skycaddie

6. FrankF macrumors newbie

Sky Golf reply

I sent an e-mail to Sky Golf about the apparent incompatibility of my SG5 with Snow Leopard. They confirmed this, and said they are working on it.

Their response was extremely quick.

7. kibwoth macrumors newbie

SG5 Probs

I have had a problem synching a skycaddie SG5 via the imac. Sky told me it was the firewall / router we had in our house, although the caddie synched fine with a windows xp pc on same network.

I was hoping Snow Leopard might sort the problem - but no.

Rather like the penultimate message my caddie has started to loose contact with the satellites and also give incorrect distance readings.

8. macphd macrumors newbie

SkyCaddie and Snow Leopard - still!

I just discovered this problem. It's very annoying. Everything seemed just fine with Snow Leopard, till now. If SkyGolf has acknowledged this and was aware of it since Aug 29 you'd think they could at least post that information on their website. Actually, they should have done that by Aug 30 and the problem should be solved by now.

9. hereToday macrumors newbie

Skycaddie not compatible with OSX Snow Leopard...

SkyGolf has had a year to get their software ready for OSX Snow Leopard and has yet to get it together for Skycaddie users. They say they are working on the problem, but each day that goes by makes me wonder how serious they are. They should at least post a notice on their site explaining the situation so Snow Leopard users don't run out and buy a Skycaddie just yet. I made the mistake of purchasing one and it's like owning a car with no tires. In the meantime I have to find someone with an older Mac system and beg my way to use theirs. It doesn't seem right in this digital age with the technical expertise that SkyGolf should have at their disposal. Come on guys...

10. redlagence macrumors newbie

We are waiting

Will they deduct days from their subscription price ?

I can't download a course since I upgrade to snow leopard

M. Suave

11. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

For those of you with SkyCaddie issues with Snow Leopard there is now a beta version of the CaddieSync software available.

Call 1-866-759-4653 and navigate the menus to get to your model's selection.

You'll be directed to a website like http://skygolf.support.com where you will be told to choose a selection with a support expert. Here you will download, install and activate system sharing software so they can delete previous references of SkyCaddie software.

New software will be installed on your computer, you'll reboot, and then you'll be able to sync your unit with SL.

I did everything yesterday, and it works well.

12. style2k8 macrumors newbie

Just did mine tonight worked slicker than snot!

13. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Excellent. For most people in the country golf season is pretty much over. I live in FL.

Support said an official release will be available in the "near future" for those of you who are weary of software allowing someone else access to your system.

14. style2k8 macrumors newbie

I sat at my computer and watched as they installed the software nothing special just a normal simply Mac software install a couple of reboots and then
    they ask is there was anything else they could do for me and that was it.