SL brings full-scale Trackpad functionality - third party option for Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by nightfly13, Aug 25, 2009.

1. nightfly13 macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

So I'm reading an article and one of the new features it touts for Snow Leopard is...

Trackpad gestures for all
    Snow Leopard lets all Macs with gesture-capable trackpads use the entire set of gestures. Before, older MacBooks were limited to one- and two-finger gestures.

So I got to thinking, are there any third party USB multi-touch 'gesture-capable' trackpads one can buy for the Mac Pro? I have a brand new MBP and LOVE the huge track pad (wouldn't mind it larger - on the left side of my Mac Pro keyboard!) and the gestures and miss it when I'm on my Mac Pro. I'm on my third Mighty Mouse (they get gunked up beyond repair - the ball goes bad - might be dust in India, not sure but tried all the rolling and upside down rubbing alcohol and everything) which is pretty slick and responsive, but still, I can't wait till the if/when Apple launches a multi-touch pad for their desktops. Is there any other option?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Pretty sure Apple will be coming out with such a device in the near future.

3. Transporteur macrumors 68030

I don't think so.
    To my mind, trackpads for notebooks are great, but at home I definiteley stick to the good old mouse.
    Don't get me wrong, the new trackpad is great, however it is still a very unprecise and slow input device.

Have you ever used Photoshop with a trackpad? Pain in the ass!

4. nightfly13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightfly13

Aye I didn't mean a trackpad instead of a mouse, but in addition to. That's why it was meant to go on the left side of my keyboard - the mouse stays on the right! I think my left hand could quickly be trained to go from 'home keys' to trackpad and back just like my right hand does with the mouse.

5. aibo macrumors 6502

There's no point to it. Trackpad gestures are just a dirty fix for the lack of multiple mouse buttons. Two fingers to scroll? I'll take a scroll wheel. Four finger swipe down to activate exposé? I'll take a dedicated button.