SL Clean Install but Terminal Old Version!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sinnef, Sep 23, 2009.

1. sinnef macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I did a clean install of SL (mid-June '09 MBP), and then used TM to restore my data. I also click the restore Applications option.

Everything works fine. One thing I have noticed is that I am still running Terminal v2.1 instead of v2.2 (i.e. no split screen). Now is this because I brought back my old (Leopard) Terminal application from TM restore?

If so, it does not make sense. I want to upgrade all OS apps, and just bring in my 3rd party apps of course! Also, if this is the case, Expose is just another app, and yet that is the latest version (SL features).

So, how do I get the latest version of Terminal without doing a full re-install? Are there other OS apps that are also lurking around with the Leopard version? How can I tell?

Thanks folks! :)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

How come you were expecting 2.2? I have a clean install and my terminal is 2.1.

Personally while I use the terminal quite alot, I've not noticed any missing features or issues. I also think 2.1 is the current version for SL

3. Matthew. macrumors regular

2.1 is the current version. CMD + D will split the screen.

4. sinnef thread starter macrumors newbie

I think v2.2 is latest

Hi there,

Thanks for the help so far. CMD + D does not work (there should be a split symbol top right anyhow, and that is missing). Also, if v2.1 is the latest, why does the SL install disk start a Terminal v2.2 (with split screen) as part of utilities?

Thanks!

5. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Clean install of SL here....and Terminal is at ver 2.1 and has the split screen (both the icon and CMD+D work).

-Kevin

EDIT: Technical version is: Version 2.1 (272)

6. sinnef thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, my mistake. My dock icon was pointing to an older version, and the new one is in the Utilities folder!

BTW, on the SL install disk (where you can run Terminal prior to installing the OS) the Terminal is v2.2, but the installed version you get is v2.1.