SL Disc does not read.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rossdaboss07, Jul 10, 2010.

1. rossdaboss07 macrumors newbie

I want to completely reinstall my SL onto my MBP just to have a fresh start and 0 out my harddrive. I've already backed up all my important files and everything I need, but when I put in my SL disc it tries to read it and then just kicks it out of the drive without ever showing up on my laptop. Has anyone had a problem like this? It is not the disc I used when I upgraded my MBP from 10.5 to 10.6 though because I misplaced and cannot find that copy, but I am using a friends copy (I don't think this is the problem). I know my drive should read it because it reads every other CD I put into it and it shows up on my friends MacBook as well.

Any ideas?

2. celticpride678

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is the DVD itself colored gray? Or does it have a Snow Leopard on it? If the disc is gray, it means that it can't be used with your Mac

3. rossdaboss07 thread starter macrumors newbie

No its an upgrade CD with the Snow Leopard on it.

4. celticpride678

How many Macs has it been installed with total?

5. rossdaboss07 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just 1, but it should still read on my computer and then not work if that was the case..