SL EFI firmware update 1.1

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zacl87, Oct 9, 2009.

1. zacl87 macrumors member

Every time I try to use this update, it downloads from the software update application, says it's been successfully updated then comes up with the screen saying to shut down.

After the computer has shut down, I restart. The white screen with the apple logo comes up, the computer shuts down and restarts again. This happens every time.

Then once the computer has loaded the second time (only ever restarts twice) the software update pops up and says the update was unsuccessful and asks me to shut down again.

What's the delio?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

According to the Apple support article about firmware updates, you're supposed to hold down on the power button until you see a firmware progress bar appear on screen. If you aren't doing that, the firmware is not being installed on the computer, hence the repeated messages saying it hasn't been installed.

3. zacl87 thread starter macrumors member

yep that was it, thanks heaps for the knowledge.
    not exactly clear by apple though but I suppose it's just one of those things you pick up.
    cheers

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

When the firmware updates are downloaded, Apple provides instructions clearly, ON SCREEN. It is obvious to 99.9% of users.

5. zacl87 thread starter macrumors member

If it's so clear you should be able to find it and point it out for me.

[​IMG]