Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

renurb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
I just bought snow leopard and i can get it to install on my macBook, i have tried the upgrade and it keeps telling me that the install cant be completed, or the it stops when my computer is going to reboot and just gets stuck at the gray screen with the apple logo and spinny thing what ever it is called (not the pinwheel)

I then tried a clean install and it still gets stuck at the gray screen.

What am i doing wrong?

I have completed the upgrade on my imac successfully

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
What do you mean by you tried a "clean install"? Did you actually do a full erase and reformat of the hard drive though Disk Utility? If so then just proceed with the install without restoring from a Time Machine backup or migration assistant.

renurb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
i tried to boot from the disk and i just got the gray apple screen i cant boot from the disk

renurb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
so i was just on the phone with apple customer care for 2 damn hours!!! after i hit the 2 hour mark of doing the same thing over n over again, the ladt tells me that she is going to transfer me to the advanced support (or whatever she called it) department, then she say oh wait they close at 9:30 It was 9:58 when she said that!!!!!

Every time i call apple i hate their company more n more.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
so i was just on the phone with apple customer care for 2 damn hours!!! after i hit the 2 hour mark of doing the same thing over n over again, the ladt tells me that she is going to transfer me to the advanced support (or whatever she called it) department, then she say oh wait they close at 9:30 It was 9:58 when she said that!!!!!

Every time i call apple i hate their company more n more.

Maybe you should ask yourself, what exactly you want them to do.

renurb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
fix the ****ing problem!!! Or better yet supply a quality product so i dont have to call a god damn customer service line. is that to much to ask

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.