SL Install Questions (Sorta Urgent)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ercanbas, Sep 20, 2009.

1. ercanbas macrumors regular

I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard from Leopard and I am experiencing some issues (ie lagging, longer than usual shutdowns) so I figure a fresh install is the best thing to do. Should I reinstall Leopard and get it up-to-date as far as software updates or should I not update anything and just install Snow Leopard right after Leopard finishes installing? Also, what is the proper way to remove OSX and have a clean reinstall? I do not have a full retail of SL, just the upgrade disk. Any other tips are encouraged. Your help is appreciated.

2. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Why don't you call Apple support about it before re-installing... you get 90 days free phone support don't you?

Also, re-installing Leopard then installing SL should be nearly the same
    as doing a clean install............ I can't be certain though.

I did an upgrade and I am running fine, and faster.

Kind Regards

3. iphone3gss macrumors member

I'm not sure if there is a such thing as an upgrade disc. I think all support full install. When you start up the installer from disc at boot, don't hit continue but go into Disk Utility. Remove the Macintosh HD partition. Then recreate it. Then proceed through the install.

4. EmeraldICE macrumors member

You can certainly use the upgrade disk to do a clean format. It includes the full install.