SL issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RWatts, Oct 16, 2009.

1. RWatts macrumors newbie

RWatts

Hi guys,

I installed SL the day it was released and am having several issues that I cannot figure out. The installation was over Leopard on a 2.93 GHz 24" iMac with 4GB ram.

I'm having the most trouble with Photoshop while trying to "Save As". Photoshop will just crash hard and close without saving any of the changes I made to the file. I've tried saving to alternate locations (i.e. desktop, etc) but still get the same crash.

Another little annoying quirk is when I need to confirm an installation, the text in the window is garbage. [​IMG]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Try repairing permissions with Disk Utility. If that doesn't help, doing a clean install of SL may be the only choice

3. RWatts thread starter macrumors newbie

RWatts

I've repaired disk permissions and that didn't help. What is the main drawback of reinstalling SL? I won't lose anything, right?!?!?!

Thanks

4. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The software updates thing looks like a font issue. Have you checked Font Book for duplicate or damaged font files?

6. RWatts thread starter macrumors newbie

RWatts

I just checked and there were several fonts with duplicates so I resolved all of those. Now I just need an update or install that asks for authentication to see if that fixed the font problem.

I am using CS4 which supposedly had/has no issues with SL. However, the crashing problem started immediately after I upgraded on the two iMacs I use. Both have the same issue but it seems one is a bit worse than the other.

Thanks guys.