SL: iTunes relaunches itself after quitting

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Simon R., Sep 3, 2009.

1. Simon R. macrumors 6502

Sep 25, 2006
    This is so strange.... several times, when I quit iTunes after having installed SL, it will just relaunch itself right away. The only way to get rid of iTunes is to restart the machine - even log out won't work, it just tells me that iTunes cancelled the logout. I notice that iTunes is also using a lot of CPU while exhibiting this behaviour, around 25-30% in iStat.

Pretty annoying. I like iTunes but I want to be able to decide for myself when I want it running, thank you:) I am on a MacBook Pro btw.

EDIT: Force-quitting from Activity Monitor kills it off - but regular Force Quit doesn't.
  2. Neoeo macrumors newbie

Sep 14, 2009
    I've got the same problem with iTunes 9.0.1 relaunching immediately in 10.6.1.
    Unlike the OP, I don't need to restart; I can successfully Force Quit from the .
    I do have SizzlingKeys 3.3.6 installed. I will try uninstalling that tonight and check back.
    Anything else come to mind?
  3. Kate. macrumors regular

Aug 30, 2009
  4. Neoeo macrumors newbie

Sep 14, 2009
    I DO happen to love stars. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THE CULPRIT! I quit the old I Love Stars in Activity Monitor, installed the updated version, and that resolved it. Thanks Kate.

For you troubleshooters out there, I first tried uninstalling SizzlingKeys and restarted and it wasn't the problem.
  5. paulbeattie87 macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2008
    North East Scotland
    Safari has been doing this with me as well. Pretty annoying.