SL: iTunes relaunches itself after quitting

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Simon R., Sep 3, 2009.

1. Simon R. macrumors 6502

This is so strange.... several times, when I quit iTunes after having installed SL, it will just relaunch itself right away. The only way to get rid of iTunes is to restart the machine - even log out won't work, it just tells me that iTunes cancelled the logout. I notice that iTunes is also using a lot of CPU while exhibiting this behaviour, around 25-30% in iStat.

Pretty annoying. I like iTunes but I want to be able to decide for myself when I want it running, thank you:) I am on a MacBook Pro btw.

EDIT: Force-quitting from Activity Monitor kills it off - but regular Force Quit doesn't.

2. Neoeo macrumors newbie

I've got the same problem with iTunes 9.0.1 relaunching immediately in 10.6.1.
    Unlike the OP, I don't need to restart; I can successfully Force Quit from the .
    I do have SizzlingKeys 3.3.6 installed. I will try uninstalling that tonight and check back.
    Anything else come to mind?

3. Kate. macrumors regular

4. Neoeo macrumors newbie

I DO happen to love stars. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THE CULPRIT! I quit the old I Love Stars in Activity Monitor, installed the updated version, and that resolved it. Thanks Kate.

For you troubleshooters out there, I first tried uninstalling SizzlingKeys and restarted and it wasn't the problem.

5. paulbeattie87 macrumors regular

Safari has been doing this with me as well. Pretty annoying.