SL kills Laserjet 2015 duplex printing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by monokakata, Sep 9, 2009.

1. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

I'm putting this here rather than in Peripherals, since I think it's a Snow Leopard issue, meaning that I don't think there's anything wrong with my printer or its connection.

Laserjet p2015dn. Always printed duplex when requested, although I can't say for certain that 10.5.8 worked, since I don't print duplex regularly.

After SL, I had only the "Manual Duplex" option, and nothing I could do would return my standard Duplex option. I reinstalled, reset the printer firmware, etc. etc. Every place that there's a duplex option, it's checked.

Everything else about the printer is fine -- it sits out on the network and prints happily. I have not made a USB connection to see if that makes a difference.

Anybody else?

I decided to post here before seeing what might happen if I reinstall the 10.5 package from HP (their site says -- don't do it).

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If it worked before SL and now it doesn't. It's not a firmware issue but rather a driver issue. The supplied SL printer driver does not have this functionality for your printer.

You need to contact HP on when (or if) they'll have updated printer drivers.