SL shipping with new MBPs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by letfunbegin, Aug 28, 2009.

1. letfunbegin macrumors newbie

I'm in the market for a new MBP 13", and I've long since decided to wait until I could get the non-upgrade SL disc with my purchase.

Seeing as SL was released today, is it safe to assume that new MBPs bought from the Apple Online Store will have SL preinstalled or at least include the original DVD?

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Checked the site lately? It says "Includes Snow Leopard"

3. letfunbegin thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't see it (have looked both in the store and on the main site). Perhaps it is location specific.

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Top right corner.

Attached Files:

5. rbart86 macrumors newbie

Doesnt have this on the UK site, but does have a picture of the SL box as the 'included software' further down the page...

6. letfunbegin thread starter macrumors newbie

Same thing here. No "Includes Snow Leopard" yet. Under "Included Software" it says 'Mac OS X + iLife', but not which version.

If I had to guess I'd say Apple won't commit to any of the two versions of OS X, but if they do ship the regular Leopard, I'm certainly eligible to get up-to-date for a mere ten bucks. :)

Attached Files:

7. rbart86 macrumors newbie

I spoke to someone yesterday on apple chat, he said orders made today would ship with an SL upgrade disc (this is in the UK). So, i'm going to order today....and if it doesn't come with one, well I will just pay the £8.......but i think it will.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Buddies at the Apple Store have been dropping drop-in disks all night, reimaging computers, etc.

9. silentnite macrumors 6502a

silentnite

To all it may concern, my neighbor just received his delivery today at 9:00 AM of a Macbook Pro 13" with SNOW LEOPARD installed. I can confirm it. I was the first person he called over to (BRAG) look at it. I just seen it with my own eyes.

I'm guessing all new shipments will come preinstalled from here on. (SWEET):D

10. letfunbegin thread starter macrumors newbie

Does your neighbor live in the USA or Europe?

11. silentnite macrumors 6502a

silentnite

In the USA, PA to be exact, I just called my local Apple store in ALLENTOWN PA. and was told that they were adding the S.L. to all the computers but that some new shipments could contain the preinstalled software or the extra disk.