SL: Should I upgrade? Do I need new iLife?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kigru, Sep 3, 2009.

1. kigru macrumors newbie

so whats the deal with SL
    should i purchase it, im still using tiger. if i went ahead and purchased it do i really have to get ilife package.

i guess what im asking is should i upgrade and a lil more info on teh product.

thanks a mill

my specs

mbp 15

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Well, Apple has plenty of into about Snow Leopard on their website, have you read about it there?

http://www.apple.com/macosx/

Do you want to upgrade? It's very hard to answer that question for you.

3. cryscreativity macrumors newbie

Basically whether you upgrade to have iLife depends on what you want to do on your computer. iLife gives you many features in organizing/editing photos, creating/editing music, building/hosting websites, creating/editing DVD's and movies, etc. Check on the Apple home page, they give you tutorials on iLife, which might help you decide if it's worth the upgrade for you. For me it was the whole reason I bought Mac instead of PC, so iLife is very important to me.

4. devburke Guest

If you’re still using Tiger, I’d absolutely say upgrade. The SL page on apple.com won’t tell you a ton, cuz it’s mostly about the Leopard-SL changes. There were a lot more end-user changes from Tiger-Leopard, and it’s fantastic. I’d definitely recommend it.

5. kigru thread starter macrumors newbie

so do i need to have leopard to upgrade. im confused when i look on the macsite, it says that SL is an upgrade. so do i have to purchase leopard 10.5 also.

6. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

Is this thread a joke? Like some kind of prank, because if it is, I find it HILARIOUS that you're asking a question that's probably been answered 100 times over the past two weeks on this forum. Try "searching" using keywords such as: tiger, snow, leopard, upgrade, for example. If you've used google before, you're capable of using the search function on this forum.

Good luck! :rolleyes: