SL Spaces bugs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jasimon9, Sep 18, 2009.

1. jasimon9 macrumors regular

Spaces seems to be buggy.

1. Applications seem to randomly jump around. Open it in one space, and shortly thereafter it is in another space.

2. Photoshop Elements in particular, when opened in a space (I like to keep it in its own space), always is hidden when I go back to the space it is opened in. Or as in #1, it jumps over to a different space.

3. Tabbing between windows of an app does not work if they are in different spaces.

The combination of the above makes the Spaces completely unusable. What good is it to have multiple desktops if the behavior of apps and windows has become completely random? I am forced to disable Spaces at this point as a previously usable feature has become "not ready for prime time."

2. KidMoe85 macrumors member

Just started using spaces again and I'm noticing the same things. Switching between different spaces is real choppy (running Mac mini w/ 4 GB & 9400m) and my applications never stay in the proper spaces. I like to have iTunes, Quicktime & iCal in their own spaces (2,3,4) but for some reason they always drift back to space 1 eventually. Hope they get this fixed up quick.

3. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

This is not really a very helpful comment to you, but I'll throw it out anyway.

I never really liked Apple's Spaces implementation - I enabled it, but hardly ever use it. At work, I use linux/KDE; I really like KDE's implementation of the same type of functionality - they did a heck of a lot better job and I use it always. Apple's implementation is frankly pathetic.

4. professorjay macrumors member

Spaces worked fine in Leopard, but I'm also noticing a problem w/ SL. For example, I set Reason to space 2, but half the time it will open in space 1.

Also, when I use Expose in space 2 it will show minimized apps in space 1. I don't know if that's a bug in Spaces or Expose though.

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

No problems on my 4 macs I use. All but one are running snow leopard. It may be something causing Spaces to act strange.

6. KidMoe85 macrumors member

Just an update. This issue seems to have been fixed by 10.6.2