SL to ML to SL

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by cedwhatev, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cedwhatev macrumors 6502

cedwhatev

So.. I have a free upgrade to Mountain Lion, and am planning on going through with the upgrade. I'm also planning on putting ML on a Dork Stick (Flash drive), and going ahead with the upgrade. I am using a 11" 2010 MBA Ultimate, and do have the Recovery Dork Stick for SL. Question is, will I be ok to install ML, then take it off and put SL back on if I am unhappy with the performance of ML on my Air? I suspect I will, but I've been wrong on many occasions, so I am turning to the wisdom that is the Mac Lovers of MacRumours. If I am wrong, do explain, but please... be gentle. :eek:

2. Photios macrumors member

Photios

My suggestion would be to back up your current system to an external drive (with Snow Leopard) using a program like Carbon Copy Cloner. Put that drive aside and upgrade to Mountain Lion. If you don't like ML, then, you can just boot up with your external drive, wipe the internal drive of your MBA using Disk Utility, and then, use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the external drive to the internal drive. The important thing here, is to have a working back up of Snow Leopard.