SL Video Performance on 2.66 Not As Good As L

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jazz1, Aug 30, 2009.

1. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

After some difficulty upgrading my 4HD RAID0 2.66 MP to SL I've discovered my full screen Hulu and WB browser video is choppy if I use a full screen pop out window. If i go full screen it works fine. I've checked my Internet speed and it is as good as ever. I have not changed my config. of three LCD screens or any other hardware. This problem happens in both Safari and Firefox. I did have to reset the PRAM in order for the SL installer to see my RAID0 HD per Applecare.

The bottom line is I used to be able to watch Hulu via a pop up expanded to the edges of my 24# LCD, and surf using one of my 22 inch screens. Now I can't unless I want the video and audio dialog to sych.

Any thoughts? I did confirm the the main Radeon 3870 card is still running at 16X. Could this be driver problems?

2. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I think it's a flash problem. Do you have any problems playing HD movie trailers in Quicktime X?

3. jazz1 thread starter macrumors 65816

jazz1

Just checked no problems at all playing Quicktime HD movie under Quicktime X. Also just tried reinstalling Flash 10. It didn't help the problem. Just checked Netflix streaming, which I think is Silverlight, and that works fine.

On theWB.com the commercials play fine but the content is going jerky when I do pop-out in full size of the screen. At "full screen" it works okay.

So maybe Flash is the problem as suggested and or how they ripped it. I hope that gets fine tuned soon as there is a lot of Flash content out there.