Slate black Apple products collectable?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gadget123, Oct 7, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Will the slate black ipad mini, iphone 5 and iPod touch be worth money in years to come now they switched to space grey.

2. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Good question, although with the gold iphone 5s I think that will be the most value asset to have come 2019. If you have that then you will live the rest of your life worry free and have the all time most collectable piece of apple technology in history.

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I got a 5S but fancy getting a black and slate iPod touch looks better than space grey maybe it will be collectable?

4. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

I think he is kidding. Things are collectable when there aren't many of them. Like big name key comic books from the 60s and 70s because they made a very limited number. People treated them like crap or threw them away. I have 20 copies of X-men #1 and Spiderman #1 from the 1990s..... they are worth less then the 90s price :)...... they made MILLONS of them and are easy to come by.

They made millions of iphones and even then a collector will only want the 1st generation with a low serial number. These things just won't be collectable 10-15 years from now when we have chips in our heads that makes calls and has free wi-fi or w/e crazy thing comes out.

If you have a 4s or a 5 just sell it for 250-450 now which is a lot more then you'll get in the future.

5. xArtx macrumors 6502a

Basically, the electronics of today is junk :)
    20 years from now, today's electronics won't have the appeal that today's
    vintage computing and electronics does. That's my prediction anyway.