Slaving a Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Realmz256, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Realmz256 macrumors newbie

I have a Mac Mini (mid 2007 I believe) with a GMA 950 video card. I have found that it can technically play World of Warcraft but its more watching then playing. I have looked into the possibility of an external video card via usb, but all the reviews I read say they are defiantly not for gaming.

I also have a quad core G5 tower that I used to play WoW on till blizzard dropped PPC support. My question is, is there anyway for me to either slave my towers video card to my Mac Mini So it can display 3d graphics better, or a way to slave my mini to the tower so it handles all the intel code while the tower works the graphics.

I know that neither of these are very likely but I have not found anything on this concept through google yet. So I thought I would come here and ask.

2. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

3. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

So you have already an LCD display? I recommend you, you buy a PC (for 250-300 $) with a Radeon 4670/5670, install a Linux distro + Vine. You already got WOW, so you can play it trough Vine.

http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_functionality_on_Wine

Or, you can buy a used Mac with atleast a Radeon 2600 or Geforce 9400 GPU ...

4. Realmz256 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the rapid response. I thought it wouldnt work, but I had to ask.

5. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

There is no way.

If you cleaned up both computers and sold them on Ebay, you'd have enough money for a more powerful computer. That's what I would do.