sleep and exercise

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Globug, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Globug macrumors 6502

Globug

1. How do i track sleep with the watch? last night i fell asleep with my watch on and would love to see the sleep information.

2. Also, how do i change the move (red) goal on my activity? Right now its set to 1940kj (how did it even come up with that number) and i've since lost weight and would like to lower it as i think it might be set too high.

Thanks everyone.

2. klymr macrumors 65816

1. You need to install a sleep tracking app. Apple doesn't have a way to track it natively.

2. In the Activity app, Force Touch on the screen and it'll pop up an option to change that goal.

3. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

Thanks. I usually use sleepcycle. Is there a way to link the 2?

Also how do i calculate what the correct goal for move would be?

4. entropi macrumors 6502

5. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

Also try AutoSleep.

6. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I would set a goal that you have to be moderately active to get. I have mine set at 700 calories, which was how it came out of the box.

For me to get that number, I have to walk at least 5 miles. Obviously, if I do a vigorous workout, I achieve the target much easier.

Take a look at what your average is and adjust from there. Don't say it too low as you'll just be cheating yourself. Don't say it too high and make it impossible to hit a 7-day streak.

7. culb0743 macrumors member

I've tried Sleep++, Pillow, and Autosleep. By far my experience with Autosleep had been the best. It works as a stand alone app, but it was developed to be an add-on to an app called HeartWatch by the same developer. Basically, you just install it and forget it. Your sleep data will appear in Apple's Health app, or visualized nicely in HeartWatch & Autosleep. Before Autosleep was released, I relied on Sleep++ but you have to remember to start and stop data collection upon going to bed and waking up.

8. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I use autosleep as well. I find it works pretty well. If you want to manually start/stop your sleep, I'd recommend just the HeartWatch app by itself. You can do that and it has a lot of other fantastic HR/activity tracking features as well.

9. Type4O macrumors regular

I tried a few apps but settled on AutoSleep.

The iPhone app has a switch you can optionally switch on when you go down to sleep, then it will tell you how long it took you to fall asleep.

10. jamin00 macrumors 6502

jamin00

I have been using Sleep Watch but tbh I have only used it twice so far and it seems quite accurate. I assume as I have to confirm the sleep time and wake up time after a nights sleep this actually helps the app learn when you are asleep or awake better?
    This also syncs to Apple Health and as its a standalone app you can view it there too.

Has anyone tried Sleep Watch so as to compare it to others?