Sleep button + frozen screen!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ht5, Dec 8, 2009.

1. ht5 macrumors newbie

One day the sleep button just stopped working so I tried resetting it and now its stuck on the start up logo.

Itunes won't recognize it and neither will the computer! I've tried looking it up but its either one case or the other never both.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? Please and thank you if you do!

And I've changed my start up logo so that its not the apple logo anymore but do you guys think apple will do anything for me since I am still in my warranty year.

2. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

edit i cant read. sorry i though you were talking about computers. did your try another cable it could be that.

3. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

You can attempt a forced restore (because I assume that if you plug it into your computer, it's not automatically recognized since it's stuck on the startup logo) by plugging it into your computer, then holding down the Home + Sleep button for several seconds until it reboots then continuing to hold down the Home button until iTunes "detects and iPod in Restore Mode" (keep in mind that this will bring your iPod back to factory settings and ERASE all of your music and data). When it detects it, choose to "Restore" and after about 5-15 minutes, it should be back to normal. If after this, your Sleep button still does not function, bring it to the Apple Store for an appointment.

If it is a true hardware failure and the iPod is under warranty, they may just replace it.

4. ht5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried pressing down the sleep button along with the home button but nothing happens. I'm guessing because the sleep button broke previously.
    Also I'm worried apple won't fix it under the warranty because i previously jailbroke it and the startup logo is not the apple logo.