Sleep button not even on iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bubbagumpshrimp, Jul 24, 2008.

1. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

I noticed on my iphone 3g that the sleep button angels down on the left side making it flush with the top of the phone. It kind of bugs me because if I try and push the button down on the left side its not as responsive being it's already flush to the phone on that side.

Is anyone else iphone 3g like this?

2. bubbagumpshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

3. klex macrumors regular

Mine's the same. Doesn't bother me, since the part that is not flush is on the right side and therefore perfect for as a right-handed person.

4. cmorriss macrumors newbie

I don't have that problem on mine. It's the same height on both sides.

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

I've noticed this on a few iPhones. I have it on mine too. It doesn't really bother me but I wonder why it's like this?

6. dakdag macrumors newbie

mine's been angled on two diff phones. annoying

7. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

8. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

I wish you would have never mentioned this b/c now I can't get over how mine is angled and flush on the left side but not on the right. :mad:

9. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Mine's like that too but as long as it works i don't care. Just be glad that you don't have any bigger issues!

10. thevol macrumors member

11. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Return it. What are u thinking keeping it? Get one thats not broken.

12. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

I'm for real, it's kinda ridiculous to pay over $300 for a deivce that is poorly manufactured.

13. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Mine is fine I guess. I don't look at it. I press the button, then stick the phone in my pocket and move on.

14. thevol macrumors member

how dare you not obsess over your sleep button being .25mm higher on one side.

it just seems like many of you would be better off to just enjoy your new phone and not run to the apple store for a replacement everytime you see a tiny imperfection.

15. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

What's mine's in mine and what's mine is also mine's

16. schatzie macrumors member

I do see mine at a slight angle where the left is just a tiny bit lower than the right. However, it's not flushed as yours is, so it doesn't bother me much.

17. bubbagumpshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

What??? I dont care that the button isn't flush, I care that because its not flush its doesn't respond to me pushing it unless I push down on the far right side which gets very annoying.

18. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I'd take it in for a new one in your case.

19. stickfigure99 macrumors newbie

same thing

The button on my iphone 3g is not flush either but it still works just fine. Personally, I dont see it as a big deal.
    The silent ringer button seems kinda messed up too though. Going one way (from ringer to silent) the button actually clicks in but going the other way it feels sticky and mushy.

Well, either way, all still works just fine and I guess these kinds of imperfections are something you have to deal with when buying a product in the first couple of weeks of its release. Apple had to make like 10 billion of them in time... can I blame them for the button being half a mm off?? No, I dont think so...

20. wwlo macrumors newbie

mine also has the same issue with the flush sleep button. the button works fine now, but i'm concerned that it may have issues in the future.

21. J.S.Khurst macrumors newbie

Replace it! My slight slant turned into a complete jam on the left, and started dragging the right side down. This problem only gets worse. Just got the replacement, and it's slanted, at least it has a click sound. These are expensive devices, and there is no excuse to have this many crap units out there, my original touch has absolutely hardware issues, so why the phones?

22. lukin78 macrumors newbie

Same with mine but responsive to its function.
    I called to Apple and they said it wasn't normal.
    They replaced it for another one. In the new one the sleep button was different angled too but less obvious than the previous one.

I must say that I've seen 3 different iPhone 3g so far and they all have this kind of bug, with functionality not affected though.

So my advice is to call to Apple and they will replace it 100% sure.