Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
evening all!

Not sure where was best to put this, so move if need be please.

I've been using Sleepcycle for quite some time now, I've noticed the last week none of the stats have sent over to the graph on health kit.

Everything from sources on health kit and the app are connected, the data is showing on health kit but it's just not adding to the graph for some reason.

Any one got any ideas for this or come across it??

Thanks in advance

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
I've also deleted the app and reinstalled. Same problem has happened all the data has gone back to the health app, but it's stopped at the 12th February on the graph.

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
They updated their app and it now writes the data to Health Kit as "in bed." Prior to the update, it wrote it as "asleep." It doesn't show it on the sleep graph but the data is there. I'm disappointed that they did this.

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
I don't know. I left an App Store review but did not contact them directly.

DMVillain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Yeah, the data still writes to the Health app, but it isn't counted as sleep. They've said on their FAQs page they've been trying to differentiate between sleep and in bed, so this may be that.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Quick update everyone, I contacted Sleep Cycle when I started this thread (only just got a response....) Apparently the new version which is out today, shows both 'sleep' and 'in bed' in the health kit app.

Now I was hoping it would back data all previous data, which mine hasn't maybe a reset on the app could help I don't know. I personally don't think it will so will be testing later tonight and hopefully it will work.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: colburnr

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Further update just to bore you all!

I emailed them back last night and asked if the data from 5.1 - 5.2.1 would restore on the health kit app, they advised me it would automatically, but nothing has appeared on mine only last nights sleep.

I don't think it will and to be honest I can be bothered for a full reset of the app, I don't think it will recover that data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.