Sleep delay on MBA 2013 after Chrome update

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hpa, Oct 3, 2013.

1. hpa macrumors newbie

Last night Google Chrome updated to version 30.x and now when I try to
    sleep it takes 30 seconds, where it used be instantaneous.

Looking at 'Console' I get the following:
    Code:
    10/3/13 12:02:00.000 PM kernel[0]: PM notification timeout (pid 865, Google Chrome He)
    And this is in the logs too:
    Code:
    10/3/13 9:33:07 AM GMT+0 Timedout Kernel: Response from Google Chrome He timed out 30000 ms  
    Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

2. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

Same problem on my mid-2012 rMBP 15". :(

I think I may try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome. I have the same problem in my log file after running pmset.

3. hpa thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried everything, even did an erase & reinstall, no luck.
    Let me know if you come up with a solution.

Starting to think it might be my OSX recovery image that is faulty, not
    sure how likely that is though...

4. Peckman macrumors newbie

Having this issue as well on my Late 2011 MBP running OSX 10.7.5
    If I quit Chrome it goes to sleep fast as it always did, but whenever it's open and I try to put the MBP in sleep mode it takes a good 30-50 seconds before it finally sleeps. This started happening when I got that update that changed the home page putting the search box back...very annoying.

5. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

This is really pissing me off, I don't know what Google did to screw this up, I tried installing the Beta version released today to see if it changed anything and that was a no-go. Looks like I'm stuck with Safari and Firefox for now, which sucks since I read a lot of PDF files for my research and Chrome is much better for PDF viewing in the browser.

6. hpa thread starter macrumors newbie

Found an open issues Chromium regarding the problem:
    https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=132336

Add comments to that problem to possibly accelerate a fix.

I find it really strange that so few people run into this problem, does anyone
    have an idea how that can be?

Note, I've installed Chrome on a completely clean system, still have the problem.

7. etsi macrumors regular

This bug is too old, when the hell are they going to fix it ? :(

8. daonesteven macrumors 6502

I think it's probably that the vast majority of people don't notice that their computers take 30 seconds longer than they think to go on standby.

I just noticed recently.

9. franciscosilva macrumors newbie

After a long time being a read-only user, I just registered only to point out that I just noticed my MBP late-2009 was also taking too long to sleep and after a little researching I found out it was because of Chrome, ending up on this very thread.

I was going to reply to the issue on Chromium but it has been closed 40 hours ago, so keep your eyes on the next Chrome update.

10. Chicane-UK macrumors 6502

Interesting thread. My month or so old Air suddenly started over the last few evenings being quite slow at going to sleep and I couldn't work out why.. read this thread and can confirm whenever I have Chrome open, I get this delayed sleep problem!

11. H264 macrumors newbie

I just spent several hours trying to figure out this problem.. I thought it was triggered by having updated to 10.8.5. For a while I thought I had fixed it clearing PRAM/NVRAM, but that was just co-incidence. Chrome 30 is the culprit. Bad Chrome, bad.

12. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

If you look at the thread mentioned above and also this one, it looks like a fix is being rolled out in chrome 32, and you can get if you switch to the canary track...