Sleep Display - Lasts for 5 seconds

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kolax, Feb 1, 2009.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Never used to have this problem, not sure what is causing it.

I press CTRL+SHIFT+EJECT to sleep my display. I do it when I'm not using it, or if I'm leaving my Mac on at night downloading.

However, recently, the display will sleep briefly then come back on. It is really irritating. I've tried resetting PRAM and SMC, no luck.

I haven't installed any hacks either..

2. mbpnewbie macrumors regular

Can't you just click the button on the dock... I do this and have had no problems
    [​IMG]
    far right side near trash can

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Eh?

UPDATE: Turns out the culprit is Tiger Woods 08. When I've been quitting it (I just Force Quit when I play online rather than wasting my time going through 10 menus to quit the damn game). However it leaves a process running that I need to quit in Activity Monitor.

4. Benjic macrumors regular

I want to know what this guy is talking about.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I have no clue. The closest thing I can guess is a hot corner, but that's not on the dock, and it's not a click... just a movement. Judging from the poster's name, I'm not buying it without further explanation.

6. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

I assume he has an AppleScript (logo in the Dock) written to sleep the display when he clicks it. But either way, it doesn't relate to my problem, just offers another way of sleeping the display.

But as I said, the problem was Tiger Woods 08 still had a process running and that prevented it.