Sleep Lagginess on rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EyeLoveMac, Aug 25, 2012.

1. EyeLoveMac macrumors newbie

I have found over the past few days that when taking my rMBP out of sleep mode the screen is completely frozen for the first 5seconds or so.

Is this normal?

If not are there any quick fixes?

2. vanc macrumors 6502

If you let the machine sleep for some time (more than an hour or two at least), it will get into the so called deep sleep mode (hibernation). Recovering from that state takes more than 5 seconds. Probably because of the bigger memory?

I do believe with firmware/OS improvements, the time will become shorter. But for now, have to live with it.

3. dade247 macrumors member

Deep sleep, correct but when you shut the lid for a few seconds and open it back up to wait... that is not deep hibernation.

4. EyeLoveMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Lid was shut for more than just a few seconds.... probably like 30minutes - 5 hours.

When I shut it for just a few seconds it isn't laggy at all.

Thanks for the help guys, I guess a fix may be coming for it in the future.

5. inlinevolvo macrumors 6502

What others have said is the case, no real issue here. The retina MBP and the airs are able to go into a deep sleep, which is why apple can claim a 30 day battery life on standby with these machines.

If you leave your system plugged in, it wont go into deep sleep, and you will have instant on.

If you search the forums, there is a way to turn off deep sleep via a terminal command (if it bothers you so much).