Sleep/lock button stopped working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macbook yes, May 14, 2011.

1. macbook yes macrumors 6502

Yesterday my sleep/lock button stopped working. I've never dropped it. I've had it since July, so I hope they will fix it under warranty. I don't see how this could possibly be my fault because I baby this phone.

The only apple store is almost 2 hours away. What are my options? Will they charge me to fix it?

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Have you tried restoring your iPhone via iTunes? If that fails, it's worth going to the Apple store to get your phone repaired. It should be under warranty!

3. kurt92 macrumors newbie

Thats pretty ironic...Yesterday my iPhone that I've had since Launch developed the same issue. Brought it into the the genius bar today and they swapped it out no questions asked.

4. macbook yes thread starter macrumors 6502

That's encouraging. I really don't want to borrow a car and spend $40 in gas to take it to the apple store though. I'm a poor college student.

5. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Call Apple and explain this to them. They'll ship you a box so you can return your phone to them after which they'll send you a refurbished unit back. The process takes about three days.

6. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

I had this happen after my husband accidentally kicked my phone off the bed and into the wall. I made an appointment, went to the apple store, and when I told the girl my problem, she checked that my water sensors were clear and swapped it for a new one. I think the whole process took 15 minutes

7. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Two days if you're lucky.

I'd recommend doing this if you don't want to borrow a car.

8. macbook yes thread starter macrumors 6502

I filled out the form online and they told me to take it to a UPS store to be mailed. Is this what you are talking about?