Sleep Over @ Local Apple Store ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FarSeide, Apr 16, 2008.

1. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Lets assume that Apple puts out a release date for iPhone 2. How many of you will be standing in line or sleeping at your local Apple to get the next iPhone 2 ?

I missed the whole fiasco the first time around so I wont miss this one.

Will you be in line ?

2. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

3. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I know I will be waiting in line at the local Rancho Cucamonga Apple Store.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Personally, I doubt that there will be the same amount of hype and anticipation with the updated iPhone.

I think most people have by now worked out that Apple will just make more iPhones… a never ending supply.

No need to rush. ;)

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Though if you recall the queues for Leopard, and how those who pre-ordered didn't necessarily get theirs earlier (You've Got Mail! - You weren't in/we couldn't be bothered to ring the bell!)

6. guywoodman7 macrumors member

Well I bought an iPhone on Day 1. I went to my local Apple store around 7pm that night and was literally in and out of the store in a matter of about 3 minutes with my iPhone in hand.

Based on that experience, you probably will just be wasting your time waiting hours ahead of time in line. I'm confident you'll be able to walk right in and out in a jiffy with an iPhone 2.0. Thats my plan at least.

7. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Plus, I thnk people learned a lesson from the first time around that there were still plenty available at Apple and AT&T stores on day 2, day 3, day 4 or even after the line cleared on day 1.

8. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

Not the point guys. Its just fun to get excited about something and be the absolute first to have it!

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

After you reach a certain age… say 16… that kind of loses its appeal. ;)
    And how can you be sure to be the absolute first?
    You will never lose that sneaking suspicion that somewhere someone else had it before you… :cool:

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I dont cause im not that obsessed with an object that I'll sleep outside my bed for it. If anything, if my friends go I just go during the day and stand around with them and film.

11. butterfly0fdoom macrumors 6502a

If I'm in the U.S. when it comes out, then yeah, I'll camp out. I missed out on camping out when the first iPhone came out. D:

12. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

I know for a fact someone else will have it before me, it is just exciting to wait for it. Although someone mentioned it won't be as big a deal as the original and I tend to agree

13. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

There is going to be pretty much the same demand this time around i bet.

Ill be waiting in line.

14. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Most people when they hear 3G will not know what it is and might just brush off all other features. But then there are the people that want every new hip product and will just buy it because it is the new toy.

15. parham55 macrumors member

if the date does get announced i will wake up really early and drive the 2 hours to the apple store and buy one and wait in the line if one forms. I will not give up my bed for an entire night though.

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I didn't wait the first time, in fact I didn't buy my iPhone till July 6. I wanted to wait to see if there were any bugs and see if the iPhone was really for me.

I won't be waiting this time either, i'll probably just head over to AT&T where it will be allot easier to buy one.

17. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i jus hope its a global release and that way we can get hold of the phone instore this time instead of waiting around for ages - though i got mine shipped over last time :D if its not a global release il be getting one shipped over me thinks - even if it means buyin one and having to wait until it gets hacked so i can unlock and put an alternative sim in it

18. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Sleeping over? Drive there ten minutes before opening...

A 3G iPhone won't make a huge line.

In fact, how many people out there knows what 3G is (normal people)?

For the first iPhone, it was like "omg, touch screen, multiple touch screen! real internet!"

Here it's just..."yeah, faster transfer rate..." (if people don't really know what 3G is...like barely anyone's gonna know what OLED is...of course there might be other changes, but those two are the only public info)

Kinda like in the future when Apple replaces the hard drives in iPods to SSD...nothing too new.

19. TheOrioles33 macrumors 6502

20. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I doubt I will even get a new phone until my contract is near up, and I certainly won't be waiting overnight for it.

21. Eilene macrumors member

I totally agree with you & I'm 52!!!

22. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

this new iphone is more than likely not to have just a 3g update..

23. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

I'd be there in a second. I waited on line for the first one and I didn't even buy one. I just wanted to be in on the hype. I also bought my "Buy me an iPhone" sign with me and got in a couple of newspapers/web blogs. So it wasn't so bad hanging out doing nothing.

24. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

And where do you live? lol
    3 Minutes on iDay? .....sounds impossible!

25. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, well not me, but my son will have the opportunity to stay overnight and buy two iPhones and maybe three. :eek: