Sleep problem with Lion - iMac

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by alexf, Sep 16, 2011.

1. alexf macrumors 6502a

alexf

Hi Everyone,

I have been having a strange problem with Lion and would appreciate any help / advice.

My iMac no longer goes to sleep; when I select "sleep" from the Apple menu, the screen sleeps and any audio turns off, but the the machine is still running (e.g. I can hear the fans, etc.) and as soon as I touch the mouse the screen comes right back on instead of the typical short wake-up delay.

I have reset the computer multiple times, made sure that Internet sharing is turned off, etc., but nothing seems to help.

I would appreciate any advice, as I really don't like powering down my computer every day instead of sleeping it as I used to.

Thanks in advance!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Sounds Obvious

But have you checked the sleep settings in System Preferences? If they are set to "Never" the machine won't sleep.

3. alexf thread starter macrumors 6502a

alexf

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the sleep system preferences are fine, so that is not the problem.

4. alexf thread starter macrumors 6502a

alexf

I am just about to give up and switch back to Snow Leopard - at least that OS is solid and has the bugs worked out... I really need my computer to be able to sleep... :(