Sleep problem with PB

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Hey all,

For some odd reason my PB when put to sleep keeps awaking up. I did used to use my BT KB and mouse, which I have not used for about 3 months. Now when I put it to sleep it stays for about 45 seconds the like something is telling it to wake which I can’t find out what is doing it. I did repair disk permissions and it still does it. Does anyone have an idea what is waking it up? Now when I tried to run Verify disk I get this error

Attachments

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
A very long time ago I posted a similar message about my hard disk and someone told me it was about to fail so I bought a new one.
Can't help or tell why, but that's pretty much the case.

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
A very long time ago I posted a similar message about my hard disk and someone told me it was about to fail so I bought a new one.
Can't help or tell why, but that's pretty much the case.

Well I did a search and found you can fix it with your install disk. Ran disk utility with the disk and if was fixed. I still have the sleep problem

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Alright I think I found what is causing my laptop to keep waking up. I ran terminal and it look like the (IOBluetoothHCIController::restartShutdownWL this is a wake from sleep) is causing it. Does anyone know how to disable the BT controller?

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Well if anyone cares I finally figured it out. I downloaded Silverkeeper from Lacie and didn't like it so I sent it to the trash. One of the programs was still running and the only was I could stop it was from activity monitor. Once removed sleep worked fine