Sleep problem with PB

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Reflow, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Hey all,

For some odd reason my PB when put to sleep keeps awaking up. I did used to use my BT KB and mouse, which I have not used for about 3 months. Now when I put it to sleep it stays for about 45 seconds the like something is telling it to wake which I can’t find out what is doing it. I did repair disk permissions and it still does it. Does anyone have an idea what is waking it up? Now when I tried to run Verify disk I get this error

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

A very long time ago I posted a similar message about my hard disk and someone told me it was about to fail so I bought a new one.
    Can't help or tell why, but that's pretty much the case.

3. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow

Well I did a search and found you can fix it with your install disk. Ran disk utility with the disk and if was fixed. I still have the sleep problem

4. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow

Alright I think I found what is causing my laptop to keep waking up. I ran terminal and it look like the (IOBluetoothHCIController::restartShutdownWL this is a wake from sleep) is causing it. Does anyone know how to disable the BT controller?

5. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow

Well if anyone cares I finally figured it out. I downloaded Silverkeeper from Lacie and didn't like it so I sent it to the trash. One of the programs was still running and the only was I could stop it was from activity monitor. Once removed sleep worked fine