Sleep timer for music?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NewMBP13inch, May 24, 2010.

1. NewMBP13inch macrumors newbie

Maybe I'm missing something completely obvious--I've googled this question to no avail--but is there some way to set a sleep timer for music to stop playing on your iPad? I know that the option was kind of hidden on iPhone (under clock>timer or whatever), but I can't find any similar option on the iPad. I downloaded some app that purports to function as a sleep timer, but it's not ideal.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Nope you are not missing anything -- Apple left off the clock app from the iPad, so no sleep timer function. Really lame! :mad:

3. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

A shame apple didn't include the clock app.

The only workaround is the fact that now apple let's you create and edit multiple playlists straight from the iPad.

Make a playlist of about 10 songs and turn repeat off, then you have a sleep timer of about 30 mins.

4. mgk macrumors newbie

Sleep Timer

I found a new app called "Awaken" that lets you set a timer for when music (video or podcast) will turn off at specified time. I think it's a couple of bucks.

5. synagence macrumors 6502a

Such a strange decision to leave out the clock from the iPad...
    Hope they correct the omission for 4.0

6. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

...of course OS 4 will have multitasking so you won't need Apple's timer App then.;)

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Sure, but that is months away. In the meantime it would be nice if Apple make the iPhone clock app available for download on the App Store. I don't think people care about graphics w/ this app, just the functionality. I can think of no valid reason why Apple has essentially banned this app from the iPad.

8. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

That is THE point I was making (read the post I quoted). It's needed now not later when OS 4 comes out.

9. hjscm macrumors newbie

Alarm tunes is a great app for a clock, alarm clock and has sleep timer for music.