Sleep tracker that gives actual data?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by yalag, Mar 17, 2015.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

I'm looking for a wearable sleep tracker that will give me actual sleeping data such as movement amount, number of times turned, noises, etc. What data it can record. NOT that interpreted crap that just says X amount of "good" sleep etc.

What are your recommendations?

2. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

No one has used anything like this?

3. pukrnukr macrumors member

I think the Withings Aura will track sound, and temperature while you sleep. Maybe that combined with a fitness band will give you a good picture of what you're looking for. I have a jawbone up24 and I think good sleep basically means you not tossing and turning at night. And not good sleep is when you're rolling or moving. I don't think anything is going to tell you how many times you actually turned or rolled over. I also think there was another app or device that would let you compare ambient sounds and light to fitness band data. Then you can see what's causing the tossing and turnings. I have no experience with the Withings Aura, but I have they're wifi scale and it's nice. I have had it about six months with no problems and it automatically sends the data to the apps you choose. I have it connected to the jawbone, my fitness pal, and the withings app. Start searching the Withings Aura and see what other devices people are comparing it to. One of those devices should get you close to what you're looking for.