Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
I've used Sleep ++ but it was way too basic and no information really. I used Sleep Pulse for a long time and it was ok, but there were too many days that it would say I was awake for 4 hours during the night and I know that wasn't true - no matter what sensitivity I set it to...

I now use Pillow ($4.99) or (Free) and it works well and also works with your phone for audio (snoring and movement). You combine the movement and heart rate from the watch plus any audio it picks up and you get a much better breakdown. Free has enough to determine if you like it...

jekim

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
I've used Sleep ++ but it was way too basic and no information really. I used Sleep Pulse for a long time and it was ok, but there were too many days that it would say I was awake for 4 hours during the night and I know that wasn't true - no matter what sensitivity I set it to...

I now use Pillow ($4.99) or (Free) and it works well and also works with your phone for audio (snoring and movement). You combine the movement and heart rate from the watch plus any audio it picks up and you get a much better breakdown. Free has enough to determine if you like it...

Pillow put the premium in app purchase on sale a few days ago for 1.99. Not sure if it's still on sale.

archie2016

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2016
i have sleep ++ and it seems to
Work fairly well. Is there a better one out there to use? Who uses an app when sleeping?

I certainly use the Apple Watch to track sleep. Although, I was disappointed to find that the sleep apps available (for the Apple Watch) require you to manually tell the app when you go to sleep and when you wake up. This was a big enough problem for myself and the others I work with that we developed and just released a new app called Sleep Watch. It's different because it automatically monitors your sleep just by wearing the Watch to bed and then you automatically get your sleep stats the next day. It's my belief that health tracking should be as effortless as possible so that we can all focus the real energy and time on forming habits that better our health, rather than spending that time on the tracking process itself. We've made Sleep Watch available for $4.99 on the App Store.

Anyways, if you or anyone want to give the app a shot, we'd love to hear your feedback. I've included promo codes below for v.1.1.0 to try it out. The app is still a work in progress and we are still developing the accuracy of our app's automated sleep detection algorithms. If you do try it out, please let us know what you think! We'd love your feedback!

Promo codes (redeem within App Store App > Featured Tab > Scroll to Bottom > Tap 'Redeem'):

W9K449LR6NPM
4663K9H4EXKW
J6HWX4LLH6FR
HTJKNLY7NEME
ALYLMH63JFMY
RP7P7FMTM7TL
JWYXW7AKW6J4

Please note that if the app isn't yet available in your country, I believe you still can use a promo code above and the app will download to your phone; but not 100% sure on that.

App Info:

Also, it's probably a good idea for anyone that uses the promo codes above to post here that they've used them so future readers are aware.

4.png

1.png
2.png
3.png

Reactions: anish16

npenelope

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
I certainly use the Apple Watch to track sleep. Although, I was disappointed to find that the sleep apps available (for the Apple Watch) require you to manually tell the app when you go to sleep and when you wake up. This was a big enough problem for myself and the others I work with that we developed and just released a new app called Sleep Watch. It's different because it automatically monitors your sleep just by wearing the Watch to bed and then you automatically get your sleep stats the next day. It's my belief that health tracking should be as effortless as possible so that we can all focus the real energy and time on forming habits that better our health, rather than spending that time on the tracking process itself. We've made Sleep Watch available for $4.99 on the App Store.

Anyways, if you or anyone want to give the app a shot, we'd love to hear your feedback. I've included promo codes below for v.1.1.0 to try it out. The app is still a work in progress and we are still developing the accuracy of our app's automated sleep detection algorithms. If you do try it out, please let us know what you think! We'd love your feedback!

Promo codes (redeem within App Store App > Featured Tab > Scroll to Bottom > Tap 'Redeem'):

W9K449LR6NPM
4663K9H4EXKW
J6HWX4LLH6FR
HTJKNLY7NEME
ALYLMH63JFMY
RP7P7FMTM7TL
JWYXW7AKW6J4

Please note that if the app isn't yet available in your country, I believe you still can use a promo code above and the app will download to your phone; but not 100% sure on that.

App Info:

Also, it's probably a good idea for anyone that uses the promo codes above to post here that they've used them so future readers are aware.

View attachment 642844

View attachment 642845 View attachment 642846 View attachment 642847

This is so awesome! I just downloaded the app with the promo code W9K449LR6NPM! It looks very promising and used my data from when ive slept with my watch this past week! Definitely going to be using this app all the time!

archie2016

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2016
This is so awesome! I just downloaded the app with the promo code W9K449LR6NPM! It looks very promising and used my data from when ive slept with my watch this past week! Definitely going to be using this app all the time!

That's great! Thank you for the feedback :D

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
I can't seem to get it to install on the watch. I go to the Watch app on my iPhone, scroll down to Sleep Watch and toggle on Show App on Apple Watch. It says installing, but after a little bit stops and the toggle remains off.

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I can't seem to get it to install on the watch. I go to the Watch app on my iPhone, scroll down to Sleep Watch and toggle on Show App on Apple Watch. It says installing, but after a little bit stops and the toggle remains off.
I'm having same issue.

archie2016

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2016
I'm having same issue.

Hmmm. Not sure what could be causing that. To my knowledge, we haven't seen that issue on our end. But we're going to keep looking into it to try and help! @Breezygirl @Sital if you like please consider sharing more details that you feel may be of help. For example, your iPhone iOS version, watchOS version, confirmation that there is enough space on the watch to load the app, etc.

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Hmmm. Not sure what could be causing that. To my knowledge, we haven't seen that issue on our end. But we're going to keep looking into it to try and help! @Breezygirl @Sital if you like please consider sharing more details that you feel may be of help. For example, your iPhone iOS version, watchOS version, confirmation that there is enough space on the watch to load the app, etc.
Thank you for your offering of help. I was able to get it to work eventually this morning. I have my iPhone SE on developer beta 10.0 and watch is on 2.2.2 I just keep trying and then it loaded on the watch. Only thing I did different was turn off and on the cellular permission for the app. Not sure if that's what made it finally work. Lol

I don't think it was the app at all. I wore the watch while sleeping and my sleep still showed up on the app even though it didn't appear to be on the watch last night.

Really liking your sleep app so far, thank you. Now if I could only find a step counting app that can be a "live" complication.

Thanks again!

anish16

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015

W9K449LR6NPM
4663K9H4EXKW
J6HWX4LLH6FR
HTJKNLY7NEME
ALYLMH63JFMY
RP7P7FMTM7TL
JWYXW7AKW6J4

App Info:

View attachment 642844

Used ALYLMH63JFMY. Thanks for the code. :)
I am currently using pillow but I will surely give your app a shot.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England

I'm on iOS 9.0.2, watchOS 2.1, and have over 5 GB available.

zeego

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Hornet's Nest

W9K449LR6NPM
4663K9H4EXKW
J6HWX4LLH6FR
HTJKNLY7NEME
ALYLMH63JFMY
RP7P7FMTM7TL
JWYXW7AKW6J4

App Info:

View attachment 642844

Thank you, and I will provide feedback once I have tested it for a few nights.

I used HTJKNLY7NEME - greatly appreciated, been looking for an app to use other than Sleep++.

zeego

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Hornet's Nest
Thank you, and I will provide feedback once I have tested it for a few nights.

I used HTJKNLY7NEME - greatly appreciated, been looking for an app to use other than Sleep++.

Actually can't seem to get my app installed onto Apple Watch either.

Having same issue as a couple others above. Sleep Watch installed just fine on my phone, got it set up. When I open the Watch app on my phone and select it to be shown on my Apple Watch it says installing but then times out. Have tried about 10x, it still won't go for whatever reason.

thewhitetower01

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2015
Anymore codes please? Just stumbled on this thread and codes are all redeemed:((. Would
Love to try something other than Pillow.

Edit - found a working code on another thread below! Thanks:). Will try tonight.

Last edited:

EApple

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2014
NJ

W9K449LR6NPM
4663K9H4EXKW
J6HWX4LLH6FR
HTJKNLY7NEME
ALYLMH63JFMY
RP7P7FMTM7TL
JWYXW7AKW6J4

App Info:

View attachment 642844
I was looking to purchase the Apple Watch but what turned me away was not having a native sleep monitor function. This app is good, but it doesn't (or does it?) give sleep efficiency, meaning how often I get up, toss or turn. My current tracker (Samsung Gear Fit2), though not iOS compatible yet, does give efficiency.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
I was looking to purchase the Apple Watch but what turned me away was not having a native sleep monitor function. This app is good, but it doesn't (or does it?) give sleep efficiency, meaning how often I get up, toss or turn. My current tracker (Samsung Gear Fit2), though not iOS compatible yet, does give efficiency.
So far, this app just tells you when you fell asleep and when you woke up. For me, since I use Pillow and know when I go to bed and get up and see R.E.M. - Light Sleep - Deep Sleep and awake, I know everything. This app has t been close 5-6 days out of a week. I sleep 7-8 hours and this app says 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 at most. So far, not impressed but hopeful.

Reactions: sean000

zokstar

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2016
Sydney
i have sleep ++ and it seems to
Work fairly well. Is there a better one out there to use? Who uses an app when sleeping?

Installed Pillow the other night. Not too bad. Used it without the watch as it didnt have enough battery.

Only thing was the app didnt seem to record when i got up to go bathroom during the night.

I use Sleep Time by Azumio Inc. It does pretty good, tracks resting heart rate when you wake up, also provides a list of options before you go to bed such as had caffeine, smoked, drank, electronics, etc... so you can see how activities affect your sleep. The catch is you have to sleep with it in your bed and if two people sleep in the same bed it tracks both, but it wakes you up according to your natural sleep cycle.

I downloaded it to track my sleep as I have restless nights due to PTSD from Iraq, it has done well to track my sleep habits and it wakes me up easier than a set alarm clock.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Installed Pillow the other night. Not too bad. Used it without the watch as it didnt have enough battery.

Only thing was the app didnt seem to record when i got up to go bathroom during the night.

That's odd... how many nights have you used Pillow when you needed to get out of bed in the middle of the night? I frequently get up in the middle of the night for a variety of reasons (I need a bathroom break, the dog needs a bathroom break, a kid is out of bed...) and so far Pillow has recorded these events as "Awake" time.

Sean

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2014
This is actually the main reason I bought my fitbit. They work great for sleep tracking. The Flex is pretty inexpensive, or if you like the idea of a watch that shows texts and controls music, go with the Blaze.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.