Sleep tracking apps with wake functionality

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by vatter69, Jan 7, 2016.

1. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

Hi,

trying to get to use my AW at night since charging is not an issue really. I tried Sleep Motion 2 but the sync procedure is nothing short of unreliable in my experience.

What are other people using? Is there actually an app that would wake you during 'light' sleep so you're not as exhausted? Does this actually help or just marketing?

I'm actually quite surprised that Apple thinks it's important to stand once per hour but doesn't care about 1/3 of the day and is not offering an in-house solution.

2. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

From what I can tell, there really isn't a 'killer' sleep app for the AW yet. Personally, I use MotionX 24/7 on my phone, which does what you want regarding waking you during the shallower portion of your sleep cycle. But, like you, I am hoping that Apple or someone comes up with an AW app for this. The device fairly screams for it!

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Sleep++

4. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

Me too, as of the 2.0 update earlier this week.

5. archie2016 macrumors newbie

archie2016

I think a Watch app that wakes you during 'light' sleep would be awesome; but I don't believe there are any Watch apps available that do that yet. I do help develop a new automated sleep monitoring app called Sleep Watch. We just released it and it's a work in progress. It's different because it automatically tracks your sleep without requiring manual user input of when you go to bed or when you wake up. I was pretty disappointed to find that the sleep tracking apps I have used do not have this kind of automated tracking; so, we think the app solves a real problem; and is a step in the right direction towards a 'light sleep alarm' function for the Watch. We are still enhancing the accuracy of the sleep detection algorithms and we encourage users to give us feedback on our sleep detection accuracy to help make the algorithm better. It doesn't have visual graphs of your night activity yet; so if you require that then the app is probably not ready for your needs. We've made it available for $4.99 on the App Store and we would love to get your feedback! I've included promo codes below if you are interested.

App Name: Sleep Watch

Link to the App: https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1138066420?pt=118333045&ct=mrum7&mt=8

Link to the Website (coming soon): http://www.sleepwatchapp.com

Promo codes for v.1.1.0 (to redeem open the 'App Store' app > Go to 'Featured' tab > Scroll all the way down > Tap 'Redeem', this should work even if the app isn't available in your region):

JPLLH74WX7RM
    YX437LHLXR6W
    A6X9LFRAPJWX
    TMFW3FEFXT6T
    H3J7RF9P3MWL

It's probably a good idea to post here if a promo code gets used so people can be aware.

4.png
    1.png 2.png 3.png

6. vatter69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vatter69

Thanks - used TMFW3FEFXT6T. Going to give this a try.

7. tribalhere10 macrumors member

8. thewhitetower macrumors member

thewhitetower

9. 5684697 Suspended

Burglars would love access to this data. Have you thought about selling it? A good REM cycle would be the perfect time to snarf the jewelry.