Sleep Tracking w/ Sleep ++ Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RedlegsFan, Oct 15, 2018.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

OK, so I am coming from the Fitbit world and the sleep tracking was automatic. It knew when I went to sleep and when I woke up. I didnt have to do a thing. I am now using Sleep ++ on the Apple Watch series 4 and it seems to detect when I fall asleep. But when I wake up, it's not automatically stopping, it seems to say I am awake after I open my iPhone. Any idea how I can set this up so that it knows when I am awake because.. well, I am awake?

Is there another app that will do this better?

If this does not belong in this forum, feel free to move. Thanks!

2. cmbauer macrumors regular

cmbauer

I have been using Auto Sleep for a long time. Never had an issue with it. Sometimes the sleep looks a little off but you can edit it. Any of these of apps are more of a novelty since they dont provide information on how to improve your sleep.

3. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

I'm using AutoSleep and SleepWatch, no experience with Sleep ++. There are features I like about both. Both detect when I fall asleep and wake up with no issues.

Also regarding sleep tracking, I know it's not the type of sleep data that can be shown in medical sleep studies and for me that's not the point of it. I track sleep so that I can get into better sleep rhythm during the week and get closer to the right amount of sleep each week. The HR data is also good to have on hand as well. Since I've started to track sleep, I'm more conscience of going to sleep/waking in a more normal cycle which is a good thing.

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I use Pillow, which has an auto feature as well.

5. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

So, will Pillow detect when you wake up as well? I don't want to have to edit anything really in terms of when I fall asleep to when I wake up? I am just used to the Fitbit sleep tracking system which I loved. Just set it and forget it. I want that again, and so far, it's not with Sleep ++.

6. <3raining macrumors member

I was testing Sleep++ and SleepWatch for 4 nights ( both on and compared results). I kept SleepWatch, because after some tweaking it gave me more accurate results, and it's more detailed app than Sleep++.
    The only thing is better in sleep++ app, it was showing correct moments I woke up during the night. Sleepwatch does not specify awake moments , it's showing as restless, but it specifies this info on the health app.
    Both of these apps are not super accurate, but sleepwatch was more accurate during testing time.

7. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Yes

8. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I stopped using pillow a little over a year ago because it was buggy. I don't know if it's gotten better.

I purchased a bundle with HeartWatch Auto Sleep and Auto Wake, and I fins Auto Sleep to work pretty well at detecting when I'm awake and asleep.

9. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

First night with Pillow seemed to be a success. Detected when I feel asleep AND when I woke up... pretty accurate I felt. I will give it some more time and if it keeps this up, I can see myself dropping the $5.