sleep/wake button on 3GS misaligned

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benlee, Jun 23, 2009.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I just noticed that the button is flush on the left side and only sightly raised on the right side. This makes it a little difficult to push, especially because i have it in a case. I have to push the button on the right side for it to work.

Do you think this warrants an exchange? Otherwise the phone is flawless. Not sure if I want to risk the yellow screen phones. Would I have to make an appointment at the Genius Bar? I hate how you can only schedule a couple days in advance and they are usually booked.

Thanks.

2. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

They will exchange something like this. However my 3G had this problem and I didn't bother because I didn't want to get a bad screen or light leakage. That would be even worst!

3. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

I'm assuming this is something that I would have to exchange relatively early in my ownership? I can deal with it, as long as the button continues to function as is.

4. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I have a 3G and a 3GS and both are like this - the 3G has worked fine for 6 months. I wouldn't worry if you're phone is otherwise fine.