Sleep/Wake Button Sticking

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ideal.dreams, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ideal.dreams, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012

ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I have an iPhone 4S and when I went to wake it up with the sleep/wake button I noticed it didn't make a clicking sound like it used to before. It seems like it's stuck and requires a decent amount of pressure to get the phone to turn on. Is this a problem that can be fixed by myself? The nearest Apple store is about an hour away so I really would like to save that as a last resort.

Edit: Called the world's best customer service and they're going to replace my phone for free. To anyone with this issue: if you're still under hardware warranty, call Apple and it's a free replacement.

2. zhris macrumors newbie

My sleep/ wake button has never made a clicking sound. Is it supposed to?

3. ideal.dreams thread starter macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

We have 4 iPhone 4S's in our family and they all make clicking noises (minus mine, which is broken).

4. ideal.dreams thread starter macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

My sleep/wake button now no longer works, even with a lot of pressure. I have assigned the lock function to an activator action but have realized...what if my phone freezes and needs restarted? How will I restart it if the power button doesn't work? How can I turn it off (and more importantly, back on)? I don't get my replacement phone until Tuesday.