Sleep/Wake up issue with Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Armen, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Apparently this was reported back in 2012 with Mountain Lion but I'm seeing it in Mavericks.

- Put Macbook to sleep by shutting lid
    - Open lid 2-3 days later
    - Screen becomes white washed..have to wait..wait...finally computer wakes up.

is anyone seeing this in Mavericks also? My mom's MBP and mine are both doing this.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That "washed-out" screen sounds like a restore screen, which will happen after you start your Mac after the battery has gone completely flat while sleeping. The last thing that happens before the battery loses its charge, is to save the system state. You plug in the power adapter, and start up, and your Mac laptop will show not just the washed out screen, but will also show a progress indicator near the bottom of the screen (dots marching across the screen) When that progress bar completes, then your system state is restored, and the screen returns to normal. You can likely see that the battery is at less than 10% of capacity after it completes a startup. All very normal, and just indicates that you left the Mac sleeping, and the battery ran down while still sleeping.