sleep/wake VS home button

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trev, Nov 12, 2008.

1. trev macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I realize that both the home and sleep/wake buttons when my ipod screen is off will give me the option to "unlock". Here's my trobule. Situiation: I'm playing music and my screen is locked. I use the home button and then slide to unlock. Sometimes my ipod returns to the home screen, and sometimes it stays in the "now playing" screen. I perfer the latter over the former. Howcome sometimes it returns to the home screen, and sometimes it doesn't? Is there an option for this? Why the irratic behaviour? Thanks.

Trevor

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

it could be that you are not leaving the music player open when you lock the ipod

3. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Another thing you might try is double-clicking the home button. This takes you straight to the fundamental music controls (play/pause, volume, next/prev track) without even having to slide to unlock. It's a nice but not well publicized feature.

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

This also happens to me more times than not, always thought it was a bug though.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    This happens to me all the time when I quickly slide to unlock after pressing the home button. I think if you do it too fast it will still register the home button press after it is unlocked.

6. trev thread starter macrumors 6502

huh... so I'm not just imagining things, lol. Is there anywhere that we can report this bug to apple?
    sandman - I didn't know that function existed. Does that work in all firmware versions of the ipod? Thanks!

7. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Yes, and in the iPhone, it's been there from the start. Like I said, nice but not very well publicized feature. It's great if you're using, say, Safari, and you just want to pause or skip a track (or adjust the volume, if you don't have buttons) or something, without losing your place in your app. Generally works very nicely.

8. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Technically, it's been there since 1.1.1, but I'm just nitpicking.
    :D

9. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I'll admit I didn't know if it was there from day one, but I knew it was early on. Anyway, that's not nitpicking, it's the truth! I can handle the truth.

10. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

This is exactly why my list of iPod touch features should be stickied, so that people do know things like this are there...

11. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

my ipod does this to a lot. especially is it slide the slider really fast. also another ipod touch feature that i like but isn't publicized is whenever you're on the now playing screen, you can swipe your finger from left to right over the album art to return to the song list instead of hitting the arrow in the top left.