Sleep walking

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EV0LUTION, Dec 29, 2008.

1. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

I have only done this once before in a french hotel, I walked down a flight of stares and fell asleep next to the elevator woke up at 2 in the morning. I researched what causes sleep walking and the main cause was an unfamiliar sleeping environment, so I shrugged it off assuming the hotel was unfamiliar and the cause of my walking. I locked myself in my room so I couldn't leave for the rest of trip.

Well I randomly started sleepwalking again. Today I woke up on the living room floor at 4 o'clock in the morning, which is on the other side of my house and a floor bellow my bedroom. I was in my house so it's completely familiar to me.

I don't know what I did last night or where I went, and worried I'll do it again tomorrow night. Has anyone had trouble with this? or know how to stop it?

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I sleepwalk occasionally, but it's never caused me any problems so I haven't really looked into it. I guess I'm lucky that I haven't ever had a sleepwalking episode in a hotel, but then again I always use the chain lock when I go to bed.

I just looked it up on wikipedia and it claims that sleepwalking is more common when stressed, but that hasn't been the case for me. My sleepwalking episodes have seemingly been random.

The article also says that sleepwalking decreases with age, so there's a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've never done this but both my brother and sister do. Even to the point that my sister has to sleep in a locked room if shes in a tall building, years back she was caught sleepwalking and stood right on the edge of a balcony.
    My bro's done some really crazy things. One time whilst sleepwalking he put his entire duvet, sheets and pillows in the bath!

The buggers also talk in their sleep which can be quite creepy at times.

4. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

This has happened to me too, but only happened once. When i was little say about 8 or 9 i woke up to find my self in the shower fully clothed standing up right and my dad trying to figure out what was going on.

But i have no memory on how i got in the shower, managed to get the water going without burning my self and how i got back to my room.

5. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

well I've set the webcams in my house up to detect motion so If I do sleep walk I'll at least now where I went.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That sounds very scary.

I'll stick to snoring, thank you.

7. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Oh, Interesting. Though I've never done this, atleast not to my knowledge.. Has anyone researched into it, as to what may cause sleepwalking??

I remember watching something on Tv a few years ago. About some dude who murdered someone, while he was sleep walking....

8. Sigur macrumors regular

Sigur

I used to sleep walk when I was about 5-7 years old. Actually I did it quite regularly. But I never remembered anything in the morning. My Dad told me about it. I don't know why I did it, probably just randomly but now it's gone.

9. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

that's not good...

I did it again last night and it looks really funny. I walked into walls for about half an hour then went back to sleep (if that's what you call it) on the floor of my bedroom. I didn't leave my room this time.

10. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Hmm.. Madchester!! :eek:

11. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Do you feel tired when you wake up in the morning?

12. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

I have only done this a few times. As far as I know I haven't done it recently but who knows.

13. EV0LUTION thread starter macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

I don't think some inner murder in me is making me walk into walls all night.:cool: