Sleep while reformatting?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Inspired, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Inspired macrumors regular

Inspired

So I am reformatting my current generation MBP 13" and i noticed that while it is erasing the hard drive the display constantly turns off(is this when it goes to sleep?) same with when i am installing Snow Leopard, will this lead to any software installing incorrectly? Appreciates any response.

2. oplix Suspended

oplix

Strange, I just reinstalled mine and it worked just fine while sleeping. Both the formatting and the installation.

3. moel macrumors 6502

i suspect you've just got the energy saver set to turn the display off after x minutes of inactivity.

If you wiggle the mouse does it spring back to life within 2 seconds?

4. Inspired thread starter macrumors regular

Inspired

Yeah it does, I just wanted to check with you guys to see if the OS will still uninstall and install properly, since I am fairly new to MBP. Oh yeah if anybody has the time, I also been wondering about another thing. Does reformatting MBP or any other computer in the world hurt it? or is reformatting a safe process for all computers?

5. moel macrumors 6502

ummm.. aside from you losing any stuff you haven't got saved...then No it has no detrimental impact on your machine in any way shape or form.

You could format it every day for the rest of your life if you really wanted! :D